Extra virgin olive oil
A traditional recipe enriched with a pinch of hot pepper to make this second dish a real delicacy.
- Start by removing the fat present on the tendons from the veal pulp, using a sharp blade to remove the excess fat from the tissues.
- Cut the pulp into three parts.
- Then cut in the opposite direction, the horizontal one, to obtain cubes of about 2.5 cm.
- Wash the potatoes under plenty of running water, dry them, peel them and then cut them into pieces exactly as you did with the veal pulp.
- Set aside the potato chunks and heat the oil in a large saucepan;
- As soon as the oil is hot, pour in the morsels of meat.
- Brown the pieces of meat over high heat first on one side and then on the other, turning them with kitchen tongs for even cooking, so you will avoid that the fork tines can pierce the meat, making the juices escape.
- When the morsels are well seared, add the sliced potatoes then the San Marzano tomato puree and finally pour in the water to prolong cooking.
- At this point cover with a lid, lower the heat and cook for 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- After the necessary time, add the chilli powder then the La Bella San Marzano peas and cook for another 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Season with salt and pepper if necessary, then serve your stew with spicy sauce with peas and potatoes hot.