Extra virgin olive oil
It is a first course with a strong and engaging taste, excellent to be enjoyed accompanied by a glass of white or rosé wine.
You start by preparing the vegetable broth.
- Finely chop 1/4 white onion and transfer it to a high-sided saucepan.
- Add 1/2 ladle of water and turn on the heat over medium heat.
- Let the onion simmer and when the water has been completely absorbed, add the extra virgin olive oil and mix carefully.
- Fry the onion and when it starts to be golden add the rice and let it toast for a few minutes.
- Then add the diced cooked ham and mix carefully.
- Deglaze with the white wine and as soon as it has evaporated wet the risotto with 3-4 ladles of boiling vegetable broth.
- Now lower the heat, stir and cook the risotto for about 20-25 minutes.
- Halfway through cooking, add the artichokes in oil into well-drained wedges and mix again.
- Turn off the heat and stir in butter and grated cheese.
- Serve hot with a drizzle of raw EVO oil.